Thursday, May 13, 2010

I can't believe that it's been almost two years since we were blessed with Bennett! Everyone says time passes fast, and it's definitely true. I remember when they brought him out of the OR and stood in the hallway so that we could get a good look at him from the lobby. We both just stood there and stared I think. The nurse must of thought since neither of us were showing any emotion that apparently we couldn't see him very well, and invited us back to get a more close up view. She let us hold him for a brief second before he was taken into the nursery. We looked him over and smiled. Our case worker, whom is the same this time, kept saying over and over again that she didn't think we understood how beautiful he was. I knew he was beautiful, but the overwhelmingness of the entire situation kept me from seeing how beautiful our son was. I knew that I was made to be his mom, but at that point in time, I didn't feel like his mom. Sounds weird, I know, but its true. Now,I can't look at any of these newborn pictures of B without tearing up. Its funny how growing into the role of momma changes things! I am anticipating a much different response to the sight of our baby this time. This makes me very excited!
We booked our flights out for the 23rd of this month-10 days from now!!! Oh dear! T will be arriving the same day, and will go for her doctors appointment on the 24th. We are told that there is a slight chance that the doctor will go ahead and take him that same day, but more than likely, the c-section will be scheduled for the 25th. I am praying that we meet him on the 24th because this increases my chances of getting to come home the first week of June. Because government offices close in Utah on Fridays and the following Monday is a holiday, if he is born on the 25th, I will probably, unless God intervenes which I know He can do, will be there until the second week of June. This means I will be gone from B 2 1/2 to 3 weeks! The thought of this makes my belly hurt. Jonathan is going to fly home on the 30th of May so that B isn't away from both of us that long, which I know will be good for both of them. In the meantime, I will be making friends at the local Targets until I can get cleared to come home!
Prayer needs:
Pray that T's heart will continue to be softened to whatever the Lord has for her while we are there.
Pray that our paperwork gets pushed through both states without any hitches and in a timely (fast) manner.
Please pray that B's heart continues to be prepared for the transition that he is about to endure. I just tried putting him down for a nap in his "new" bed in his "new" room and that did not go exactly as I had planned. He is now napping in his crib!
Please continue to pray for the health of this sweet new little boy. I, of course, am praying that he likes to sleep as much as his brother does!
Thanks again for interceding for us! It makes all the difference!


1 comment: