Thursday, April 22, 2010

Quick Update


Well, honestly I thought my next blog entry would be telling whether we will be having a little boy or a little girl, but we still don't know yet. We are waiting for T to send her medical records to Utah and then they can set a c-section date and let us know the gender. Since my last blog, some small details have changed in the situation. Not major ones, but nonetheless I thought I would clarify some things. First, there was some miscommunication among agency workers regarding T's location. T is not in Florida. Now, this does not mean that what I had previously given credit to God for is now null and void. I always feel somewhat awkward when I have to go back on something that I have totally proclaimed God's movement in, but I know that even though that fact is now different, God's movement in this small detail has not changed. Regardless of where T is, God knew that our vacation was a concern to me (as silly as that sounds), and I know that he allowed wires to be crossed here so that it would be put out of my mind so that I could see more clearly on what we were supposed to do.
Second, since T isn't in Florida, she is super concerned about going into labor in the state she is currently in which would not be a good deal for any of us. The agency called us night before last and informed us that she has changed her mind on waiting until the end of May to have the baby, and will be scheduled for a c-section around the 24th which just so happens to be when we were going on vacation. I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't disappointed about not getting to feel the sand between my toes, but there will be other vacations! So, we are tentatively planning to be in Utah around the 23rd or 24th of May to meet the newest member of our family!
They had called last week and told us that when T found out that we were going to bring home the baby, she burst into tears out of relief and excitement she said. She told them that she wanted to talk to us, but that she wanted to wait a couple of days because she was afraid that as emotional as she was at that moment, all she would do is cry while we were on the phone. Well, tonight is the night! We are set up for our little chit-chat tonight around 7 our time. A friend asked yesterday if I was less nervous talking to her this time around since we've done this before, and I thought I would be but I'm not. I've been praying all morning for our conversation, not because how this goes has any bearing at all on her decision to place with us. I just want her to feel the love of the Father every time she sees or talks to me, and that makes me somewhat nervous in an excited kind of way (if that makes sense at all). I don't have long with her so every little thing counts a lot! This will be the last time we speak before we are together in Utah, so its really important to me that she hangs up the phone feeling completely at peace and very much loved! So, if you have time today, if you could just lift our conversation up the Father! I pray that my words are His because His words bring life! Thanks for praying for us! We really appreciate it, and are really excited about sharing this journey with you!

"Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead!" 1 Peter 1:6

6 comments:

  1. I'll be praying. Wow! I'm glad you're getting some things pinned down too. Being able to plan is helpful with anxiety, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lifting you up in prayers today & that God gives you the words to speak. We're just so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! I am so excited to read this! I am praying for you and new Baby Foster coming!! Can't wait for the next update...

    ReplyDelete
  4. JENN, I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW EXCITED I AM FOR YOUR SWEET FAMILY! BEST OF LUCK WITH EVERYTHING! WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR A SMOOTH REST OF THE JOURNEY TO BABY #2! PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED! SORRY, I DIDN'T STOP TO TALK AT THE GKS...I WAS SO READY TO GET OUT OF THERE! TAKE CARE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog from Erin's FB. We will be praying for you and your family. Bennett will love being a big brother! We could not be more excited for your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn! I am so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to hear more! Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete